- A professional environment
- An exciting development promising to revolutionise the production of battery grade lithium in Europe
- The chance to live and work in the beautiful Cornwall environment – no camping!
Chemical Process Specialist – St Austell -
Research by British Lithium Limited are looking to appoint an experienced chemical engineer to further develop the pyrometallurgical and hydrometallurgical recovery of lithium from granites in Cornwall. Research by British Lithium are at the forefront of lithium recovery in the UK and the companies remit covers fundamental studies, process design, process engineering, development of innovative technologies through to commissioning and operation for processes on a variety of scales. Research by British Lithium is at the forefront of providing the battery grade materials required for a low carbon future. Join us in creating a positive change throughout the entire metals-energy lifecycle.Detailed role description:
We are looking for a highly skilled chemical engineer with experience of a wide range of practical techniques. The position will require you to apply your scientific understanding and practical skills to new and existing active scale up of lab work through to pilot phase and implementation and commissioning at full plant scale. Previous experience working with lithium compounds is a bonus. Requirements of the role:
- Experience in the design and operation of hydrometallurgy and pyrometallurgy processes for lithium is highly desirable (Calcination, crystallisation, ion exchange etc).
- Process experience in either an engineering contracting environment or consultancy organisations in the chemical, metallurgical industry or other related industries.
- A PhD or MSc in a physical sciences discipline and significant project management experience (ideally Chemical or Metallurgical Engineering).
- General awareness of the battery minerals market and emerging trends/requirements.
- Plant operational or commissioning experience. Design, delivery and operation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Good general computer literacy (all Microsoft packages).
- Confident and capable in a small organisation.
Metallurgical Laboratory Technician – St Austell - FILLED
This position has been filled.
We are rapidly expanding and always on the look-out for talented professionals with geology, mining, environmental and processing experience. If you would like to be part of the most advanced Li project in the UK, please submit your CV to email@example.com.