- A professional environment
- An exciting development promising to revolutionise the production of battery grade lithium in Europe
- The chance to live and work in the beautiful Cornwall environment – no camping!
Part-Time Quarry Manager – St Austell
British Lithium Limited is seeking the part-time assistance of a "Competent Person" familiar with health and safety best practice in Cornwall and requirements of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, Quarry Regulations 1999, The Borehole Sites and Operations Regulations 1995 and other applicable laws. The Company is carrying out extensive exploration works including trenching and drilling of a lithium deposit within an area previously worked for clay. The part time quarry manager will assist with evaluating and updating our Health and Safety Document and Risk Assessment Method Statements to ensure compliance with laws and best industry practice and will regularly inspect the quarry work site to monitor health and safety compliance. The successful applicant will likely be a retired former Shift or Day Captain, living near St Austell.
Kindly apply to firstname.lastname@example.org citing relevant experience.
See this Add on Linkedin
Senior Exploration Geologist – St Austell
An excellent opportunity exists for a motivated, passionate Senior Exploration Geologist to lead the ongoing evaluation and development of our lithium project in Cornwall, UK. You will supervise a small team of geoscientists and report directly to the CEO and will work from our Operations Base in St Austell.
You will be required to coordinate, manage and supervise exploration activities such as trenching, drilling, resource modelling, lithology and mineralogy studies and to interface with our metallurgical process and extractive metallurgy teams.
Activities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety standards
- Plan, manage and execute exploration activities
- Design and manage exploration drilling programmes and contractors
- Resource modelling and geostatistical analysis
- Assist and train team members in the geological and structural logging of exploration drill core and chips
- Encourage team technical development, and embrace and implement leading scientific best practice and innovation
- Data acquisition programs including, mapping, geophysical, geochemical and structural datasets as well as a detailed understanding of petrology.
- Assisting with technical report writing for senior management
- Tertiary Qualification in Geology (Honours preferred)
- 10+ years exploration Geology experience, including working on RC/Diamond Drill Programmes in a field based role
- Familiar with resource modelling and specialised software such as Micromine, QGIS etc.
- Not afraid to get hands dirty and work in the field
- Excellent report writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in leading highly effective teams
- Dedication to operating with a high level of safety leadership
- Have a clean driving license
- Professional membership
- UK Tax file number
Field Lab Assistant – St Austell
British Lithium Ltd is actively recruiting a Field/Lab assistant to aid and help our research and development of our lithium project within Cornwall, UK.
You will be working within a small team of geoscientists at our Operations Base near St Austell.
You work alongside our current team and aid with duties such as sample collection, preparation, and shipping.
Great opportunity to learn from mid-tier mining company with hands on experience with modern QA/QC process.
Activities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety procedures when undertaking tasks.
- Assist in the collection of samples through manual sampling from trenching or through drilling operations
- Perform sample preparation for testing/analysis
- Following and maintaining a strict QA/QC protocol
- Documentation of results and working with large datasets
- Packaging and shipping of samples to be assayed
- A level (or equivalent), native English speaker
- Ideally have some relevant experience but not essential
- Someone who who has good practical skills
- Not afraid to get their hands dirty and work in the field in all weather
- Computer literate with specific attention to Microsoft Office
- Physically fit and able to carry samples/move equipment
- Self-motivated and able to work in the lab alone and unintended
Please email your CV to Mwheeler@britishlithium.co.uk